Followers

Friday 1 July 2011

Journal Journey Ch01

I can not tell you how excited I have been about this. I have always enjoyed doing challenges but only in a participant way ;0) I have been on a few design teams so I have a good idea what is involved.  Keeping a journal can be a very personal thing. Or it can be just for fun, or even to help you keep track of the month. I know there are lots of you out there who would like to start journalling but just a bit scared or think time is too tight. You don't have to be able to draw, you can collage, stamp, stencil etc there are so many ways you can journal so I hope you will join in. And for those of you who perhaps started and then stopped. This is an ideal way to get back into it. And for you very experienced journal people out there I do hope you will come and join in the fun as well.

Now each months challenge can be an item I would like you to use, or a technique I would like you to try. There are so many things we can do together. However, we're going to start simple, with a colour challenge! Just to start us all off slowly ;0) it can't be that hard, can it? ;0)

PINK & ORANGE

It's July and it should be fairly warm (fingers crossed) and these are wonderful colours for July. Now you can use anything to create your journal page, it can be a calender page or an art page. It can have any medium included like canvass, paint, pastels, ink. The limit is only your imagination as they say ;0) So here is my double spread which I hope will give you some inspiration. You can use other colours, but please make sure the predominate colours are Pink & Orange thank you.




I really hope you will join in and make this NEW challenge a success. Oh and I promise my post for August will not be this long ;0) Love Dawn xx

Please leave your link to the post you're including in this challenge, that way I get to come and visit. And I am sure others will to. You have until the 30th of July next challenge 1st of August ;0)

15 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun brilliant page,just love it you are clever that lady is amazing and just love the colors will do my best to get involved in this hun,hugs cheryl xxxx

Juls said...

fab!!! I am looking forward to joining in! Hugs Juls

Artyjen said...

Hi Dawn....good luck and I'm really, really going to give this a go! Thanks ;)
xoxo Sioux

Karen said...

ooooo am delighted that you are doing this my lovely! I just happened to have a page I did last week in just those colours :-D xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

FaBuLouS pages Dawn. Wishing you every success with your new challenges. I am looking forward to joining in too.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you this month as you know you are in my thoughts ♥♥

Speak soon. Hugs, Gez.xx

Gez Butterworth said...

I have played! Thanks for a great challenge.Xxx

Marjolein said...

This sounds like a lot of fun Dawn, I guess I should give this a try! Love Pink&Orange, can't draw, but love to stamp, so I must be able to come up with something!

Thanks for starting this, it's going to be once a month?

Gina said...

Ooow! Excellent! A journal Challenge, Lovin' this :D XXX

Marjolein said...

Did it, finished it, posted it, linked it♥

Unknown said...

Fabulous page and such a fun topic. I just listed mine, thank you for the new challenge site and topic to play with! :-)

xoxo
Leila @ Artsy Creations

Coleen said...

Interesting, I've never put these two colors together, but I should give it a go. It'll be fun and keep me going after the Strathmore class. Thanks for visiting my blog Dawn.

Coleen in Ukraine

Michele said...

gorgeous pages Dawn. i hope to make something for this! xo

Heather said...

Whoops, Dawn, I had a go at this pink/orange challenge & thought I'd posted a link to my page, but I've not done it quite right - says page isn't found but you can click on my blog home page to get there instead! Must try harder next time!!! Loved making my page though! :o) Heather x

smokeysmom said...

Off the subject, but do you only post to your blog once a month? Today is Aug. 3rd and your last post was July 1st - just curious.

Unknown said...

Hello Smokeysmom,
I couldn't find a blog or e-mail attached to your name to reply so I do hope you pop back to read this.

I post very regular all through the month hun. I think you are just popping back to 1 July post the post.

Please COPY, then paste this link into the address bar at the top of the page you have lots to catch up on :0) Love Dawn xx

http://journaljourneys-dawn.blogspot.com